*Triton Community Fund will be accepting applications for the next academic year starting Monday, August 22, 2022.
- Application requirements
- Applicants must be registered student organizations or recognized college organizations.
- The request must be submitted by a principal member of the organization.
- The request must be submitted a minimum of 35 calendar days prior to the event.
- Official tournament registration or entry forms, including tournament description, must be uploaded on your Tournament/competition funding application.
- The decision on the specific funding may be made by the AVC-Student Life and/or the Funding Committee.
- If approved, the administrative funding will be provided to cover the registration fees for intercollegiate competitions and half the costs of UCSD facilities rental, set-up, and audio-visual expenses for competition and events involving other institutions.
Maximum Request Amount is $1,300.00
- For off campus events, student organizations are permitted to use University funding for the following purposes only:
- Registration fees for conferences, tournaments, competitions or similar activities that are being coordinated by associations, educational institutions, or other 3rd party organizations.
- Transportation from a 3rd party service or vendor (e.g., airline, train, bus, hired shuttle driver). No personal vehicles or rental cars.
- Hotel lodging
- Competitions and tournaments occur in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. Funding will not be provided to student organizations attending tournaments and competitions occurring in any foreign nation, US embassies and US consulates in any foreign nation, and US territories (including Puerto Rico and Northern Mariana Islands).
- There are no exceptions to this policy. For off campus events, University funds may not be used for other types of expenditures, including, but not limited to:
- Speaker or performer contracts
- Rental of off-campus venues
- Travel using personal vehicles or rental cars
- Purchases of other services
- If your student organization request is approved:
Tournament results must be submitted to the Center for Student Involvement, by email to Ann Hawthorne at email@example.com, within one month following the event.
- All tournament/competition participants must sign a student or group waiver for each off-campus event.
- Event insurance is required for all funded tournament/competition off campus events. Certificate of insurance can be obtained through a national organization or the CampusConnexions. Please visit Registered Student Organization RSO Event Liability to complete the on-line form and click on Off-Campus Events. Apply for coverage to acquire the certificate of insurance.
- A principal member from the student organization will need to submit the following documents no later than two weeks prior to the travel to the fund manager in the Student Life Business Office located on the Price Center East 3rd Level: Travel Request Form, Student or Group Waiver, and Certificate of Insurance.
- Reimbursement requests (all original receipts for approved items or expenses) must be submitted in to the SLBO within 14 days of the tournament/competition.
- The University of California, San Diego does not endorse events funded through the Triton Community Fund or the Tournament Competition Fund.
- Funding is based on your representation of the event.
- Applicants and/or the pertaining organization is responsible for event planning. UCSD is not a party to contracts for off-campus events.
- The organization does not represent the University of California, San Diego in an official capacity and is responsible for informing others that they are not agents of the University.
- This on-line application system is used by student applicants, review committee members as well as the system administrator.
- Your submitted application can be viewed by all users to this system, including other students.
- Only committee members and the system administrator have the ability to change or remove submitted applications from the system. If changes are needed to a submitted application please
contact Ann Hawthorne (listed below) for assistance.
If you have any questions or need technical assistance, email Ann Hawthorne at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (858)534-1585.