*Triton Community Fund will be accepting applications for the next academic year starting Monday, August 18, 2014.
- Application requirements
- Applicants must be registered student organizations or recognized college organizations.
- The request must be submitted by a principal member of the organization.
- The request must be submitted a minimum of 30 calendar days prior to the event.
- Official tournament registration or entry forms, including tournament description, must be uploaded on your Tournament/competition funding application.
- The decision on the specific funding may be made by the AVC-Student Life and/or the Funding Committee.
- If approved, the administrative funding will be provided to cover the registration fees for intercollegiate competitions and half the costs of UCSD facilities rental, set-up, and audio-visual expenses for competition and events involving other institutions.
Maximum Request Amount is $1,500.00
- For off campus events, student organizations are permitted to use University funding for the following purposes only:
- Registration fees for conferences, tournaments, competitions or similar activities that are being coordinated by associations, educational institutions, or other 3rd party organizations.
- Transportation from a 3rd party service or vendor (e.g., airline, train, bus, hired shuttle driver). No personal vehicles or rental cars.
- Hotel lodging
- There are no exceptions to this policy. For off campus events, University funds may not be used for other types of expenditures, including, but not limited to:
- Speaker or performer contracts
- Rental of off-campus venues
- Travel using personal vehicles or rental cars
- Purchases of other services
- If you receive an award
Tournament results must be submitted to the Office of Student Life, by email to Sarah Barclay at email@example.com or by fax at (858) 822-5880, within one week following the event.
- Requirements needed to obtain Triton Community Funding Reimbursement:
- All tournament/competition participants must sign waivers for each off campus event http://www.ucop.edu/risk-services/_files/waiver-voluntary.pdf.
- Event insurance is required for all funded off campus events. Either through a national organization or the Marsh Campus Connections. To fill out the on-line form a student will have to visit RSO Event Liability and click on the Off-Campus Events.
- Complete a Travel Request Form at least 2 weeks prior to your trip and return it to your fund manager in the Student Life Business Office, located on the 3rd floor of the Price Center.
- Submit signed participant waivers and proof of insurance to Darlene Mercado in the Center for Student Involvement.
- The University of California, San Diego does not endorse events funded through the Triton Community Fund or the Tournament Competition Fund.
- Funding is based on your representation of the event.
- Applicants and/or the pertaining organization is responsible for event planning. UCSD is not a party to contracts for off-campus events.
- The organization does not represent the University of California, San Diego in an official capacity and is responsible for informing others that they are not agents of the University.
- This on-line application system is used by student applicants, review committee members as well as the system administrator.
- Your submitted application can be viewed by all users to this system, including other students.
- Only committee members and the system administrator have the ability to change or remove submitted applications from the system. If changes are needed to a submitted application please contact the Executive Assistant to the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Student Life, Sarah Barclay (listed below) for assistance.
For technical assistance email Sarah Barclay at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (858) 534-4672.